Version française en cours de développement.
Revised: Dec. 14, 2016
Any capitalized terms used but not defined herein have the meaning assigned to them in our Terms of Service.
- What information does Treater collect about you?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address or payment information (“Personal Information”). If you register for, access or use the Treater Service, we may collect and process the following information about you:
- information that you provide when you register for the Treater Service, such as your first and last name, date of birth, city, email, and social account login;
- your Treater Service account information, which may include your contact details, username, password and any security questions and answers;
- information from your social media accounts (such as Facebook) that you agree we can receive when you agree to link your social media account to your account on the Treater Service (this may include things like your name, gender, Facebook ID, birthday and the names and birthdays of your friends who are connected with your social account, and are Treater users);
- any correspondence between you and us;
- details of your visits to and usage of the Treater Service (including traffic data, location data, purchases, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access);
- information from the relevant third party Merchant about your redemption of a Treater Gift Card;
- the name and contact information for your friends or family if you ask us to deliver a Treater Gift Card to them; note- you must have the permission of each such friend or family member to give their name and email address to Treater. You may not provide the personal information of anyone under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence;
- your payment information, when you make payment via the Treater Service, and other information you may choose to provide when making a purchase, such as your telephone number or company name; and
- any other information that you provide to us from time to time.
Cookies and how we collect information through technological means. When you visit or use our Treater Services, we may collect information that is automatically sent to us by your browser, device, or your internet service provider. This information may include your domain name and your IP address. We may also collect other general information (such as the type of browser you use, which pages or portions of the Treater Services you view, and the files you request). We may use this information to better understand how visitors use the Treater Services, and to improve the Treater Services. The amount of information that is sent depends on the browser and device settings you use. Please refer to the instructions provided by your browser and device if you want to learn more about what information sent to websites you visit and/or applications you use, or how you may change or restrict this.
- We may use a feature on your Internet browser called a "cookie" and/or other similar devices. Cookies are small files that your browser places on your device’s hard drive. They are used for a variety of reasons, such as tracking click streams, conducting analytics, and for load balancing. Information tracked through these mechanisms may include, but is not limited to: (i) your IP address; (ii) the type of web browser and operating system being used; and (iii) the portions of the Treater Services a user visits. By using cookies, we can deliver faster service, consistent, updated results, and better understand how users interact with the Treater Services. Your browser gives you the option to reject cookies. However, setting your browser to reject cookies generally hinders the browser's performance and will adversely affect your experience while using the Treater Services.
How will Treater use your information? We may use your information in the following ways:
- to provide and/or improve the Treater Service;
- to facilitate communication between you and other users of the Treater Service, for example, allowing you to deliver a Treater Gift Card you have purchased to your friend or family member via email, SMS, or certain social platforms;
- to send you messages to inform you of when your social media friends’ birthdays are approaching;
- to process any purchase or other transaction you enter with us, including your purchase of a Treater Gift Card;
- to send you information or messages you have agreed to receive;
- to allow you to deliver, a Treater Gift Card you have purchased to you, or to the friend or family member whom you designate, via email, SMS, or certain social platforms. Note, if you ask we deliver a Treater Gift Card to your friend or family member, you must have a personal relationship, or a family relationship with them in accordance with our Terms of Service. Your friend or family member will be sent a message delivering the Treater Gift Card, and this message will indicate that it has been sent on your behalf and will identify you;
- to process your redemption of a Treater Gift Card;
- to deal with and respond to your questions, requests, complaints, and enquiries;
- to request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of the Treater Services;
- to provide you with better customer service;
- to work out where you are located when you use the Treater Service so that we can help tailor the Treater Service for you;
- to process the operation, maintenance and registration of your account;
- to help personalize the way in which the Treater Service is presented to you, including to help ensure that content on the Treater Service is presented in an effective manner for you and for your device;
- to conduct promotional activities, including to recommend restaurants to you based on your location and any parameters the Treater Service may allow you to specify;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to improve the Treater Services;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (including under our Terms of Service);
- to notify you about changes to the Treater Service;
- to carry out any other purposes which are disclosed to you and to which you consent; and
- to carry out any other purpose permitted or required by law.
Will Treater share your information with third parties? We may disclose your information to third parties in some situations, including:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, or in order to enforce or in complying with our obligations under our Terms of Service or other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety or that of other users or third parties;
- where you buy or receive a Treater Gift Card, we may share your name and account ID with any relevant third party Merchant to whom the Treater Gift Card relates for the purpose of facilitating the redemption of your Treater Gift Card;
- any information you upload to your Treater profile may be visible to Treater personnel;
- if you are logged into the Treater App via a social media platform, other users of the social media platform may be able to see that you are using the Treater App, depending on the setting of your social media account;
- we reserve the right to transfer any Personal Information we have about you in the event that we merge with or are acquired by a third party or should any such transaction be proposed; and
- we may disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose to which you Consent.
How does Treater protect your Personal Information? The security of your information is important to us. We maintain reasonable security arrangements, including physical, organizational and technological safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can guarantee against any interception or any other type of misuse. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information provided to us via the internet, and any transmission is at your own risk. No security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can guarantee against any interception or any other type of misuse.
How can you access your Personal Information and ensure it is correct and up-to-date? We want to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate and up-to-date. You can update your account details at any time via the Treater application. If you would like a copy of some or all of the Personal Information we hold about you, or if you want us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate, you may request access by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request; however, in some cases we may not be able to allow you to access certain Personal Information in certain circumstances, for example if it contains Personal Information of other persons, or for legal reasons. In such cases, we will provide you with a reasonable explanation of why it is not possible to grant access to your Personal Information.
Minors under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence may not use the Treater Services. We do not knowingly collect or maintain information from anyone known to be under the age of majority, and no part of the Treater Services is designed to attract anyone under the age of majority. Parents or legal guardians who believe their child may have supplied us with personal information may contact us for the purpose of deleting information about their minor children.
Who should you contact if you have questions or complaints? You can contact our Privacy Officer via email to email@example.com